Designed to instill a lifelong, passionate commitment to education and learning at the highest level, McCarthey Dressman scholarships offer financial and mentoring support to educators who will be student teaching in their final year of a qualified teacher education program. Foundation mentors offer one-on-one guidance and attention to nurture the next generation of teachers. Scholarship recipients acquire and strengthen exemplary teaching practices that promote learning by their own students.
The Foundation awards one-year scholarships in the amount of $6,000 each to college students enrolled in teacher education programs at New Mexico State University; the University of California, Santa Cruz; The University of Texas at Austin; and Stephen F. Austin State University.
CONSIDER APPLYING FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP IF …
- you are interested in maximizing your student teaching experience
- you believe that working with a mentor would add to your training experience
- you can provide documentation of financial need for the year in which you will be student teaching
THE McCARTHEY DRESSMAN EDUCATION FOUNDATION CONSIDERS APPLICATIONS FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM EDUCATORS WHO…
- are full-time students in good standing and in the final year of the teacher education program at one of the above universities
- specialize in elementary or secondary education (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate)
- have the background and experience to complete the project successfully
- are willing to work with a trustee of the Foundation during the student teaching experience
PLEASE NOTE: A project may have one to many participants involved in its planning and implementation. However, the Foundation does require that each application be submitted in the name of one individual even if there are two or more participants involved in a single project.
Apply early! Submissions accepted JANUARY 15 – APRIL 15. The application system closes when we reach 350 submissions.
The email address you submit your application under is the email address that will receive all autoresponders, updates and messages – make sure our emails don’t go to your spam blockers.
Funded applicants should submit this Scholarship Progress Report.
Please install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.